Nyukhcha

Nyukhcha

By the scribe books of XV century, these lands belonged to boyar Martha Boretskaya, better known by the name of Martha Posadnitsa. In 1478, together with all  Novgorod feudal republic, it became part of the Russian state. In the XV - XVI centuries the village was ascribed to the Solovetsky monastery, where they had a saltworks crafts. Salt from the White Sea had been sold throughout Russia and even had a name - "pomorka."

Especially famous the village Nyukhcha had received in the Petrine era. Then, during the Great Northern War, the overland route was built by local residents. Later, this road became famous as a “Osudareva road”. It is interesting to note that the " Osudareva Road" - the first state road in the Republic of Karelia.
Rambler's Top100 Яндекс.Метрика