Rugozero is situated on the east shore of a lake with the same name.

The Rugozero pogost has been the part of Lopskiye pogosts of Vodskaya Pyatina of Novgorog acres since XV century. 1597 there were: the church of Epiphany and Transfiguration, 44 yards and 70 citizens. In XVII - early XVIII century Rugozero frequently run the danger of swedes. Since XVIII century the peasants have extracted lake iron ore. XIX century timber cuttings were begun. 1910 Rugozero was occupyed by a finish army.

The monument to Rugozerskiye communards on the shore of the lake was placed in memory of the death by shooting 1921.

The folklore holidays are hold in Rugozero every year.

Rambler's Top100 Яндекс.Метрика