Boundary Stone, 1934

Boundary Stone, 1934
Region Pitkyarantsky
City / settlement Pogrankondushi

Quite near The Blue Highway, on the outskirts of the village of Pogrankondushi, there is another boundary rock also made of pink Ladoga granite roughly hewed from four sides.

This rock refers to the history of the 20th century showing the frontier between the USSR and Finland during the period 1917-1940. It is a rare example of the boundary rocks once indicating the old frontier, and it still bears the inscription "CCCP" from the eastern side and "Suomi" from the western side, as well as the date "1934" and number "263".

Rambler's Top100 Яндекс.Метрика