Pitkjaranta museum of Local lore

Region Pitkyarantsky
City / settlement Pitkjaranta

The museum was opened in 1969 as the museum of the victorious glory. In 1991 it got the status of the museum of local lore. It is located in the house of Valden, which was built in the beginning of the previous century. At first there was a drug’s store at this building and later Finnish headquarters. The style is Finnish fundamentalism.

The location of the museum is very advantageous on the main highway between Sortavala and Petrozavodsk, this road is a part of "Blue road", which passes through the territory of Norway, Sweden, Finland and Karelia and that contributes to the development of international cooperation in all spheres of life.

The collections of the museum:

  • minerals,
  • badges,
  • paintings,
  • stuffed animals,
  • stained glass,
  • photographs,
  • weapons.

The permanent exposition consists of the following units:

  • “Winter war of 1939-1940",
  • "From the history of Pitkjaranta mining plants and ores in XIX and XX centuries",
  • "Fauna of North Priladozhje".

Address: 46, Lenin Str.
Phone: (814-33) 3-33-17

Rambler's Top100 Яндекс.Метрика